Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fact:Colossians

Colossians contains no Old Testament quotes!

The only allusions (and they are blurry/vague allusions) are here:

Colossians 2:22 These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.
Isaiah 29:13 The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
Psalm 110:1 Of David. A psalm. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

No comments: