Monday, April 28, 2008

Colossians wrap

Last night we finished off our Colossians series, focussing on the key verse Colossians 2:6-7:

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

Many of us in response to the sermon prayed those words of Colossians for ourselves, asking that we would continue in the faith we have received, showing evidence that we belong to Jesus as we become more and more like him.

Now to open this blog up to some more comments:

- What things challenged you in the series?
- How can you encourage others to keep on walking in Christ?
- What will walking in Christ look like for you where ever you are: in your workplace, at university, at home?
- How can you demonstrate that you are abounding in thanksgiving?

Comment away!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I was particularly challenged to let the gospel seep down into every aspect of my life. As we were reflecting on what it meant to be established in the faith, I was reminded of the enormity of God reconcilling us to him in his Son. And challenged to let that spill out into my relationships with others ... to be quick to forgive, to be willing to leave the past behind, to be eager to be reconcilled with others, particularly other believers because I have been reconcilled to God first.

Emma Waterhouse said...

The passage Colossions 2: 6-7 reminded me of John 15:4

"No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me".

To remain in Christ and be built up in Him involves bearing fruit for His glory - but only as His Spirit works within us.

I pray that I won't walk in my own strength, seeking to bring about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, but give myself to my God, to work in me as He pleases.