Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day

Last week in From the Dean, Phillip wrote about the opportunities that Mother's Day brings to invite our mums and/or children along to church.

I've been thinking and praying for the last few weeks about how to invite my unbelieving Mum and Dad along, who will be down from Queensland. In God's kindness, I didn't even get to invite them before Mum asked whether they could come along to morning church with me this Sunday. What a fantastic, yet (to be completely honest) unexpected, answer to prayer!

Have you invited your Mum or your children to come to church on Sunday? Why not give it a go? They might just surprise you and say yes!

Phillip will be preaching evangelistically at morning church at 10.30am, and Chris Nicholls will be preaching evangelistically at City Night Church at 6.30pm. Let's pray that lots of mums do come along and hear God's word taught.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MOTHER

Words describe so many things,
one beside another;
and words explain an awful lot
but can’t describe my mother.

If a picture’s worth a thousand words -
each word, a pound of letters;
then mother surpasses sunsets,
and warmth from all my sweaters.

She’s worth a million smiles,
she carries many scars;
her worth, a million rainbows,
her value exceeds stars.

Yes, mother is quite different -
and the only one I get.
And I'm the one she could afford.
I love her quite a bit.

So what explains my mother?
What’s in my vast report?
And what describes my mother when,
ALL my words fall short?

We shared so many memories,
our hearts shared many years;
so what describes my mother is,
the love inside my tears....

©2008 louis gander (10-8-08) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
http://www.ganderpoems.org/