Monday, October 27, 2008

Update from Maiko in Japan

Japan – 24 October 08

Dear Friends,

How are you? I got back to Amagasaki-city safely in the first week of October. It is an early autumn here with nice cool breeze. The five week Australian assignment went very quickly, however, it was wonderful and meaningful period of time. It was very encouraging time to meet my brothers and sisters in Christ who had been faithfully remembering me in their prayers and had heart to proclaim the gospel in different parts of the world. Moreover, I had several opportunities to visit student ministry on campus during this visit. These opportunities made me to realize again how important and valuable to bring the young people to Christ and to nurture Christian students. If you could praise and pray with me as follows to our Father in heaven, I would appreciate it.


Praise and give thanks to God for:

*blessing time in Australia for five weeks and for rich fellowship with supporters and churches and friends and for safe return to home in Amagasaki-city.

*Inter-denominational women’s meeting in Hanshin region held on 9/October. This meeting has been around 25yeas in Hanshin region, which includes Amagasaki-city. We had a Christian soprano singer, Atsuko Kudo, as a guest this year, who sang beautifully to praise God and shared her story how she came to know Jesus as her personal Savior. There were over 400 of women in the meeting. Praise God that he moved many of those women by using her songs and testimony.

Pray with me:

*Mukonoso Megumi church will have house party on 2-3/November. Please pray that our fellowship and conversations will bring glory to the Lord.

*KGK Hyogo Block students Weekend Away will be coming on 21-22/November. I will be speaking at the evening meeting on Friday the 21st. Please pray for my good preparation and for students committee to organize programs.


May God bless you in coming months

Love in Christ, Maiko

No comments: